How to Plan Your Budget For The Holidays
October 30, 2020 | Peyton Sawyer
If you don't have a plan, holiday spending can add up really quickly. You've probably looked back on past years and been rather shocked at the amount you ended up spending! And that's okay. Just know that you can set a budget and stick to it. We're going to show you exactly how to do that. Ready to never overspend on gifts again? We’ll also show you how you can protect your holiday budget by getting cash for your title in the event of an emergency.
Step-By-Step Guide On Planning Your Holiday Budget
Step One: Speak With Your Partner
If you have a life partner, you need to involve them in your budgeting process. Otherwise, the chances of overspending are very high. Take the time to talk to your spouse about holiday plans. Consider their input and create your budget alongside them. Everything is better together, including all the not so fun parts of the holidays.
Step Two: Set a Total Budget
Think back to previous years. How much have you spent on gifts? Was it too much? Was it not enough? Answering these questions will help you and your partner to decide on a total dollar amount. Try to consider the cost of food and cards too! It's not all about the presents. This way, you know exactly how much you should be saving to get you ready for the big day.
Step Three: Write Down the Names
You've got your budget. Excellent! Now it's time to jot down a list of people you want to buy presents for. Generally, this will be your immediate family with a few friends, extended family, and teachers included.
Step Four: Assign Each Name a Dollar Amount
Look at your list of names, then assign an amount to each one. Usually, you'll spend the most on your immediate family so ensure your plan reflects the list. Not only does this help you stick to your overall spending allowance, but it also ensures you buy quality gifts. Sometimes, it's easy to let "retail therapy" take hold when you go to the mall to buy presents. However, you'll usually go over your budget if you let this rule!
Step Five: Make a Shopping Plan
Just write down some gift ideas next to each person. Consider the items you bought last year and how well they were received. Then, think about how you're going to shop. Online or in-person? It's up to you!
Step Six: Be Creative
For people like teachers, your mailperson, and others, you probably won't have room in your budget to buy something for them. Instead, you can get creative! Bake some brownies, buy a dollar store cup and fill it with candy, or stitch a decoration for them. Whatever it is, they'll love it and you'll save a bunch of cash.
Facing a Sudden Emergency? Title Loans and Payday Loans Can Help
The Benefits of Title and Payday Loans
- You keep your vehicle: When you apply for and are approved for a title loan, you get to keep and operate your vehicle as you normally would.
- They’re quick to apply to: You can apply and receive payday and title loans extremely quickly. The application can be completed in as little as 30 minutes and the money is deposited directly into your bank account.
- No credit check: Title loans and payday loans aren’t based on your credit score to determine your eligibility because they’re based on different things than your credit history.
- Fast Payday Loans – based on your employment status.
- Title Loans – based on the value of the title to your vehicle.
- A substantial amount of money: With payday loans, you can receive up to $300 and with title loans, you can receive up to $1,400 which can go a long way to help you handle your emergency without touching your holiday budget.
How to Apply For Title And Payday Loans Louisiana
The process of applying for these loans looks very similar, thankfully, and both are extremely easy. First, you fill out a short online form that will allow you to select which loan type you’re applying for. Once you submit that form, a loan representative will contact you to set up a face to face meeting and you’ll be asked to provide a few pieces of information, which include:
- For Payday Loans: Your driver’s license, your most recent paystub, and a blank check to your bank account.
- For Title Loans: Your driver’s license, the title to your vehicle, your vehicle for inspection, and a blank check to your bank account.
During the meeting, you’ll find out how much money you’ll receive on your respective loans and the funds will be deposited directly into your bank account for you to use as you see fit. There’s no waiting and no hassle. If you’ve taken the time to carefully plan your budget for the holidays and you want to keep that in fact when facing an emergency, fast payday loans and title loans of Louisiana are here for you.