Which Vehicles Can Get A Loan Against The Vehicle Title?
At Cash Cow, you can get a loan against vehicle titles with a car, pickup truck, or van. Currently, vehicles like motorcycles, RVs, and boats are not accepted. As long as your vehicle is in your name and doesn't have any associated liens, you should find it fairly easy to obtain a title loan.
In the subsequent sections, you'll discover more about the types of vehicles we accept, how we value automobiles, and even how to get a title loan yourself.
Which Vehicles Do We Accept For A Loan Against Title?
You CAN get a loan against the vehicle title with the following vehicle types:
- pickup truck
The vehicle must also be in your name. If the ownership paperwork mentions anybody else, head to the DMV before starting the title loan process to request a transfer. Once the vehicle's paperwork states your name, you can continue with acquiring a title loan.
Which Vehicles Do We NOT Accept For A Vehicle Title Loan?
However, you can NOT get a title loan with us for the following vehicle types:
- mobile home
So remember to apply using an acceptable vehicle type to avoid delays or being disqualified.
What If Multiple People Are Listed On The Vehicle Title?
As long as you are one of the individuals listed as an owner of the vehicle, you can take out Louisiana title loans using your car. However, it's important to consider the wording.
If the word "and" appears between the names on the title, you both must sign off on the title loan. If it states "or," either or both of you can take out a loan.
How We Estimate The Value Of Your Vehicle
No matter which type of automobile you wish to use for a loan against vehicle title, it's worth understanding the factors contributing to its value. That way, you can accurately estimate how much you could borrow with a title loan from us at Cash Cow.
Based on the value of your car, truck, or van, you can borrow between $300 and $1,400. We calculate your vehicle's worth by considering the factors listed below:
- The age of your vehicle — Unsurprisingly, the older your vehicle, the less its worth, unless you're lucky enough to own a classic car. It's estimated that new cars lose approximately 60% of their value during the first five years of its life. Therefore, any vehicle older than five is worth considerably less, decreasing the likelihood of gaining approval for a higher loan amount.
- The make and model of your vehicle — Makes like Audi, Infiniti, Tesla, Acura, Lexus, Cadillac, and other luxury vehicle manufacturers specialize in pricier features and ultra-high performance. Because of the craftsmanship that goes into each model, they tend to hold onto their value relatively well — even older models continue to come with a costly price tag. Standard makes and models aren't worth as much, so we may only be able to offer you a lower loan amount.
- The condition of your vehicle — Dings, stained interiors, scrapes, scratches, and other cosmetic imperfects impact your car's value. Even the smallest faults like a dented bumper or paint scratches can dramatically decrease its worth. The same goes for mechanical failings. If you aren't regularly rotating your tires or changing your oil, you risk expensive mechanical damage that'll further hinder your chances of a larger title loan amount.
- The odometer reading — In general, the higher the odometer reading, the less valuable your vehicle.
- The type of customizations — Spoilers, decals, and other customizations might seem like a good idea, but they can decrease the overall value as it's unlikely others attach the same worth to the personalizations.
How To Get A Loan Against Vehicle Title
- Contact your local Cash Cow storefront by phone or use the secure online title loan form on this website. The latter option sends your information straight to your nearest Cash Cow store.
- No matter which option you choose, you talk to one of our loan representatives over the phone. On the call, they talk about the required items, answer any questions you have, and ensure you understand the process.
- After the phone call, head to your nearest Cash Cow store. Remember to bring the required items. For our title loans, you must have:
- A driver's license or another type of state-issued identification
- Your vehicle for inspection
- A lien-free title to your vehicle
Get a Loan Against Your Vehicle Title Today!
If you have a financial emergency, you can use your car, truck, or van to get a loan against vehicle title right now. What is more, you can continue to use your vehicle however you please while you repay it! Get the process started today by filling out a short inquiry form for title loans online on our website – and our dedicated representatives will be happy to assist you with your request.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.