The Essential Title Loans Requirements You Must Know About
To get a title loan, you need to ensure you meet the title loans requirements. You must have a driver's license (or a different type of photo identification), a vehicle, and a lien-free title. Unlike other loans, your credit rating isn't regarded highly. We accept you with good or bad credit scores.
Below, we'll discuss the title loans requirements in much more detail, so you can be sure you have everything you need before you begin the process. You'll even find a step-by-step guide to make getting a title loan from us even more accessible!
The Mandatory Title Loans Requirements You Need To Have
1. Your Driver's License Or State-Issued Identification
Firstly, you need a driver's license or another kind of state-issued photo identification to acquire a title loan. We use it to confirm your identity and ensure you're over the age of 18.
2. Your Vehicle
The most important requirement is your vehicle. To use your title for cash, a car, truck, or van will work. Cash Cow doesn’t accept boats, RV’s, or trailers.
Your vehicle dictates the amount we can offer you with a title loan. So, it's worth understanding how we assess its value by considering the following factors:
- The condition of your vehicle — A key part of maintaining your car's value involves keeping it in good working order. Changing your oil as often as necessary, taking it in for regular maintenance, and rotating its tires prevent excessive wear and tear. The cosmetic condition also plays a role in the vehicle's overall value. Scratches, dings, stained seats, and dents lower the worth and, therefore, the amount we can lend you.
- The age of your vehicle — As manufacturers release cars with updated features and sleeker designs, the models from the years before decrease in value. Most vehicles lose 60% of their total value throughout the first five years of their life, meaning a six-year-old car isn't worth as much as its younger cousin.
- The make and model — If you own a newer luxury vehicle (like an Acura or a Range Rover) with a decent odometer reading, you stand a great chance of receiving the higher title loan amount.
- The customizations on your vehicle — Sadly, decals and spoilers aren't everybody's idea of fantastic customizations, so be mindful that such additions could lower the total cost of your car. On the other hand, installing a new set of tires or a brand-new engine could drastically increase the price.
- The odometer reading — Your odometer reading greatly impacts the value of your vehicle. Higher mileage equals more wear and tear. If your mileage is over 120,000, it'll typically need more frequent tune-ups than those with lower mileage, decreasing its total worth.
3. Your Lien-Free Title To Your Vehicle
The only title loans requirements left is the lien-free title to your vehicle, which must be in your name. Head to your local DMV office and request a title transfer to your name if it isn't. Once complete, you can start the process.
For those who aren't sure, a lien-free title means your vehicle is paid off, meaning you own it outright, and you don't owe any other fees, outstanding loans, or judgments held against your car, van, or truck. In some places, it might be called a "clear-title."
How To Get A Title Loan From Cash Cow
Now you know the requirements, follow the six steps below to get a title loan from us at Cash Cow:
- Contact your local Cash Cow store via telephone or use the secure inquiry form found on this website. The latter sends your information to your local storefront.
- Once you've submitted the form, make sure you pick up the phone when one of our expert loan associates calls you. They confirm the information, explain the required items (that you now know all about), and answer your questions. You also get a chance to set a meeting place if you don't feel like coming into the store.
- After the conversation, head to the location with your photo ID card, lien-free title, and vehicle.
- One of our friendly store representatives quickly inspects your vehicle to establish the amount of cash you are eligible for.
- While the inspection happens, you'll benefit from an explanation of the process and complete some paperwork.
- Finally, you get the money you need on the same or the following working day.
Gather The Title Loans Requirements And Get A Loan Today!
Getting the title loans requirements together is straightforward as long as you own a car, truck, or van! Once you've collected everything you need, feel free to start the process by giving us a call directly or using the form for title loans online on our website. We'll get back to you as soon as our team member receives your information.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.